Pages

October 06, 2011

Antiqued Mirrors

One of the items I create that I get the most questions about is my antiqued mirrors.
These mirrors have some of the silvering on the back removed allowing you to place beautiful fabrics or papers behind the mirror to show through in certain spots.


I am actually off to Vancouver this morning to deliver one...(and its a good excuse to go shopping).


Alot of the ladies who visited my booth at Fieldstone asked questions about the technique so I will be doing a tutorial here tomorrow. So check back for that if you are interested in creating your own!


For now, here are some pictures to inspire you.


















See you here tomorrow!


5 comments:

  1. Hey Elisa, Any chance the last mirror in the post sold at the market? I think it's my favorite. How about the wardrobe? Love the posts and looking forward to more.
    Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mirrors are gorgeous! I was eyeing them up at Fieldstone and wondered how you did that! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to learn how to do this! So AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE this idea!

    ~ Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and hope to use it soon. I am saving this to my how to do file. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!