Pages

October 26, 2011

A Basket Of Light


Once upon a time there was a cute little $3.00 metal basket...


I just felt like the basket had more potential than a holder for a bunch of linen napkins - which for some reason is my intial thought when I see this kind of item...
I cut the handles off, turned it upside down, wove some grey satin ribbon through the metal edging and attached an antique key and some other cute little charms to add something special to it.


The lamp base was a $2.00 find at our local thrift store. It needed a quick spray of Rustoleum's Rubbed Oil Bronze. The hardest part about this was getting the price sticker off.
WHAT do they make the sticky on the back of those things out of?! It's ridiculous really!


Here it is finished out enjoying some fresh air...


And at night - it casts a beautiful pattern on the walls around it thanks to the basket shade. I had a hard time parting with this one but she went to live with the lovely couple that owns Semper Nova - the cute little Etsy Shop based in White Rock BC.


There you have it... a basket of light!
Total cost $5.00 and some left over ribbon and charms!

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'll never look at baskets the same way again!

    How did you attach it to the harp? Did you have to drill a hole?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that really is too cute. How creative. Yes how did you attach it to the harp. I'm so curious. Thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best, inspiration is a good thing,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies - there just happened to be a hole in the centre of the basket so I just screwed the little nut on the top of the harp good and tight and it worked out like it was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!