Pages

October 20, 2011

Help Wanted!




How is it that I can figure out how to remove the silvering from the back of a mirror, upholster a chair, turn a piece of junk into a piece of furniture, give birth, cut hair, and cook but I can't figure out where the profile picture in the right hand column of my blog went? argghh




I finally broke down tonight and bought Google Blogger For Dummies. And then right after I purchased it I noticed there was.....a blog. lol



Of course there is!




I spend hours trying to figure out things and hate to ask anyone else out there as I know how busy most of us are. So I'll let you know if this helps.


I'm not not completely without computer skills. I'm pretty competent in Photoshop, Corel Draw and many other programs but for some reason I can't figure out why I have so much trouble commenting on other people's blogs. It drives me crazy!






If anyone has time to just tell me why I have to "select a profile" when I want to comment even though I am signed in at the time, and why I keep getting that message stating "you don't have access to view this page" I will be forever in your debt! This has become my new pet peeve!



I am not giving up and I know it takes time. I have been through several tutorials about settings etc. on other sites, but ANY tips and advice would be much appreciated!




5 comments:

  1. The link you have IS NOT a site for this book though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I'm glad I'm not alone!!! I can do a spreadsheet, produce a word doc, figure out photoshop but blogging drives me potty!!!
    Thanks for the book suggestion - it may stop me from getting more grey hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could be the browser you are using. I use google chrome. I'm not so sure that msn browser works well. Maybe try that & see if it solves your problem. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get my picture to show up when I comment on people's blogs even though I'm signed it. It drives ME crazy too!! I just went to Blogger.com and noticed that I didn't have a pic on my page so I downloaded one, let's see what happens when I comment now.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHH, hahahahaha, I thought I HAD downloaded a pic in the past but I guess I hadn't. This probably doesn't help you at all :( But thanks for letting me know that they have a blog, I'll be looking into that!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!