Pages

October 14, 2011

My Crate Lid

Good morning! I was sitting here drinking my morning cup of coffee....ahhhh and thinking about how much I love flavored creamer and then looked up and thought about how much I love my newest junk purchase and thought I would share it with you this morning.

I bought this item at Granny and Grumpa's Antiques here in Abbotsford. If  you've never been there you MUST go! It's an amazing collection of everything you can imagine! There is a post about them over at Funky Junk Interiors.



Anyway, I spied this Victrola crate lid nailed to the barn wall about 20 feet up and knew I had to bring it home. Now Grumpa (who is quite the character) said I could buy it if I could get it down....considering he has a collection of ladders as well as a million other items I grabbed one and scaled that ladder like a superhero...well, a superhero with arthritis maybe.


Anyway, it was worth it! I now get to look at this little piece of history every morning while I drink my coffee! (For the very fair price of $60!)





NOTE: As I was looking for the post about Granny and Grumpa's over at Funky Junk Interiors so I could link it up for you, I found that Donna had taken a great picture of the very item that I purchased! This is great for two reasons. You will get a "Donna quailty" photo of my purchase to look at and more important to me, if Donna took a close up pic of this then I made a good purchase!
It's like it has her stamp of approval on it!
Yay for me!



(And yay for French Vanilla Creamer!)


What new treasure makes you feel great?

2 comments:

  1. i love that place. I've gone back a couple of times to get a few items. He has such a great collection. The last time i went he was cleaned out quite a bit from someone. I've picked up my wooden crates, glass jars, an old wooden ruler and my coffee sacks from him =) he's always fair and so much fun to talk to... i love your sign : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Lovely Place :)
    and do not miss.....

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    WELCOME :)
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!