Pages

January 23, 2012

Blanket Box

This is a quick little makeover for this solid little blanket box that I found at the Vancouver Salvation Army.


It's perfect for storing extra blankets and pillows in a guest room - not too big and not too small.. And believe me with the weather we're having lately you need extra blankets!


Wool blankets are my favorite!


I gave the trunk a quick coat of Old White and used a mix of light and dark wax on it.


I love this cute little crown image from The Graphics Fairy.


Thanks for checking out my latest project! Have a warm and wonderful day!


I`m sharing this at:





The Girl Creative








Becolorful

Mod Vintage Life



11 comments:

  1. That is such a great look. What did you use to transfer the image of the crown to the trunk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brigitte! I actually just used the Mod Podge method. There is a tutorial here:
    http://matsutakeblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-transfer-inkjet-images-to-wood.html#!/2009/10/how-to-transfer-inkjet-images-to-wood.html
    Thanks for asking!
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very simple and perfectly sweet!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elisa,
    I am your newest follower - please come by and visit my blog sometime. I love finding other bloggers in BC! I love the trunk and really have to give the mod podge transfer method a try!
    Peggy (The Painted Pear) http://repeartreedesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you at Graphics Fairy and following now. The trunk looks great! I have a thing for vintage blankets too. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I have been wanting to try the Mod Podge method and looking at how wonderful your trunk turned out I definitely will.
    Thanks Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin' the blanket chest, and the GF crown just MAKES it.

    :)

    Visiting from BRAG MONDAY at GraphicsFairy,
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great redo! I love the crown!

    If you're interested, we're hosting our first ever link up party. Please stop by and link up! http://www.waywardgirlscrafts.com/2012/01/wayward-weekend-week-1.html

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!