Pages

January 24, 2012

Gentlemen's Dresser

We've all seen these dressers - curved front and great detailing on the sides and bottom. I was feeling like those features get lost with the entire finish being the same so I decided to highlight those areas on this piece.
Almost forgot to take a before picture....again!


I've been looking back over my recent pictures and feel like alot of my pieces lately seem to have a somewhat feminine flavor and wanted to try my hand at a different look.


I used ASCP Old Ochre and Graphite and dark wax over the Graphite and a mix of clear and dark wax on the Old Ochre.




A lovely handsome little knob sets the masculine tone.


This dresser is for sale at a fantastic men's boutique here in Abbotsford called Launch Menswear. It's a men's fashion store that also has an contemporary on-line  menswear shop.



The dresser is accented with a vintage red cross box.
(Label from Graphics Fairy).


Thanks for checking in - does anyone else feel like they tend to get in the habit of decorating or refinishing in too "girly" of a style?



Beyond The Picket Fence shabby creek cottage
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

9 comments:

  1. Love it! It turned out so great....and very manly:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out so beautiful...I mean handsome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! You are too kind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your link over at Very Merry Vintage. Love how this turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the masculine makeover and fantastic handles !
    Found you at Funky Junk and now following. Like you I would like to earn a living from re-purposing furniture, but at the moment there is still so much work to do on our house. C'est la vie !
    Fiona @justpaintitwhite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the masculine look for this. It fits that type of dresser so well. Love your color choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this dresser. I have a great sample to follow next time I'm painting something for my son! You're featured on Share the Love Wednesday this week. Stop by and grab a feature button from my sidebar!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!