Pages

January 07, 2012

The Kids Table

This is a quick but cute little re-do of a children's chair set that I picked up at a local thrift store.
»sorry this is my only before pic. but I'm sure you can imagine...


I gave the chairs and table legs a quick coat of Annie Sloan Paris Grey and used a Sharpie Paint Pen to put the numbers on.  I love those Paint Pens! They are so much easier than using a paint brush to do your finer work! I've also been amazed at how long they last before they are empty.


The table top is Annie Sloan Old White. This is a picture of the #1 before I distressed it...


and after...much better!


I put a coat of clear wax over everything.


This cute little set is available for sale at Clayburn Gourmet Gallery in Abbotsford.







I'm partying at:


Sunday's Best Linky Party!


Todays Creative Blog
Furniture Feature Fridays

8 comments:

  1. So Cute! I love those chair's shape. Did you still use any kind of stencil for the numbers, or just free hand it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi - I usually print out what I want on the computer in the font of my choice and then actually use good old fashioned carbon paper (yes the kind from high school typing class) between the computer paper and the chair and then lighlty trace the outline of the number. Then remove the sheets and fill it in with sharpie paint pen. Easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elisa,
    I love the table and chairs done in the Paris Grey! They turned out beautifully! I found you on Sunday's Best link party... I noticed you are from Abbotsford... I live in Vancouver. It's nice to find someone with a blog that lives nearby!! I love your blog... now following. :)

    Would love you to pop by and visit sometime!
    Kathryn @www.uglyducklingtransformations.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! I have a desk set just like this. I never thought to number them. Actually I should label them A,B & C for my 3 kids.
    I was glad to find another Canadian Blogger. There don't seem to be many of us out there! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute set, and love the numbers! I really like Paris Grey,such a great color! How'd you do the numbers? Wow I have a whole box of carbon paper, I'm going to try this,other methods don't work for me. The sets are adorable, like your tags! Thanks for sharing your creativeness over at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo! I would love to score a find like this at a thrift store. I've been looking... Love what you did with this!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!