Pages

February 01, 2012

Burning Both Ends

"In one way, I suppose, I have been 'in denial' for some time, knowingly burning the candle at both ends and finding that it often gives a lovely light."

Christopher Hitchens
Elisa Robertson
Ok well maybe Christopher said it first but I for sure can sympathize with him. It's been a little bit of a trying week - some of the significant people in my life are going through some tough times and would you believe I can't fix things for them?! Quite shocking I know! I'm still at a stage in my life where I am learning to accept that. I confess that I used to be am quite a control freak.

I find it heart breaking to watch the people I love go through tough times. I'm working on being a better listener and less of a "let me fix that for you" or "what you should do is..." type of person.

Anyway, I spent some time making some gifts for those people... Cause if you can't fix their problems maybe you can make their surroundings prettier right?

So if you receive a gift from me this week, you know I love you and am thinking of you and so this is what I made...




 
Turns out that this is such an addicting little craft that I made enough to retail at Paper Nation so I needed to make a display for them which is where this cute little suitcase came in...



The inside was too ugly for a picture - ripped blue satin and a smashed up mirror...
But not anymore!





Hopefully the rest of these are purchased for people that need a nice little gift this week...
they were made with love.





Have you done something kind for someone you love this week?






I'm sharing the love at:



{Primp}





Sunday's Best Linky Party!



Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Those are so cute and reasonably priced! They will sell for sure I would guess. I would love to make something like that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those candles are beautiful! I would love a tutorial! I hope your weeks gets better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sweet candles and the fabulous way you have chosen to display them. Thanks so much for following my blog.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely candles! Over the last year, I have worked on controlling my "let me fix that for you" compulsion and just listen with sympathy. Oddly, the world goes on without my help! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only are these candles really really lovely, I love how you displayed them! SWOON!

    Shared on Fji Facebook and pinned for SNS 119. :)

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150619809066141&set=a.192514281140.164586.175378011140&type=1&theater

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you sell these wholesale, would love to chat with you!!! LOVE THEM!!! If so please email me Kelly@thebellabungalow.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, would love to know how you made these. Such a pretty idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those candles are beautiful! I would love a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So darling~ love them and the way you have displayed them! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely candles, and I really adore what you did with the vintage suitcase!
    your newest follower
    Beth
    http://alyssabeth1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful candles and great suitcase! Thank you for sharing this at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty candles, I really like the one with the key! Also really like how you displayed them. Very creative. Thanks for sharing you creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Elisa!
    I know you are busy preparing for the Vintage Fair!!!
    I hope you will some of these candles for sale!!!!
    I love them!!!
    I love myself (hahahahahaaha, I want them for ME) but I also have some close friends that need some love...
    I actually have a friend that says burning a candle "burns" the bad energy and helps creating a fresh air in the house!
    I am exploring your site, loving it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!