Pages

February 10, 2012

Fancy Travel

So - I can't stop buying old suitcases. I blame this partly on Pinterest, and partly on my inability to stop bringing home anything that I feel has potential to be prettier. This could also be called a shopping addiction but whatever....



A pretty suitcase needs to say something about travel...right?
I printed this on the back of a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 scrapbook paper that has black and white stripes on the back so that they just show through around the edges.



Then I tore it around the edges into a nice soft "roundish" shape. I kept the scraps just in case.


I applied the text to the centre of the suitcase using good ol Mod Podge and then applied another paper to the sides to frame the print.








I also distressed the edges of the text printed paper with a turquoise blue ink to frame the sentiment and added some flat back Swarovski crystals here and there to add a little sparkle.



This is why you don't throw away any scraps until you are sure you are done - the little bits of paper left over made perfect flower rosettes...so cute!



My son informed me today that he thought I  should only use this suitcase for carry-on and not checked luggage as it might get wrecked! I think that means he likes it!

I have another suitcase I plan on doing tomorrow - does anyone else have a good travel quote? I would love another idea!



I'm sharing this at:




Photobucketshabby creek cottage




I Heart Nap Time
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


Sunday's Best Linky Party!The DIY Show Off

8 comments:

  1. love it - I'd carry it shopping, to meetings, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely suitcase:-) Have a great day, hugs Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative! What a fun idea.
    Your newest follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I have a vintage suitcase (or 5!!) sitting in my stash just waiting for the perfect idea. Maybe you should come out to calgary and do them for me...just sayin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your suitcase is very sweet! I love the verse.
    thanks for sharing @ catch as catch can!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your suit case is adorable. Such a great idea. I'd put it in my bedroom. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration over at Sunday's Best Par.tay. Now following you on Linky!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!