Pages

February 18, 2012

Word Art Help

Ok I don't know if I'm the only one that didn't know about this amazing website, but I stumbled on it by accident today and I'm so excited to use it that I wanted to share it here tonight.

The possibilities are endless!
It's called.....

Wordle is a website for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text.

You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like.

You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends. Basically, you enter random words into the space provided and it designs subway type art for you using those words.

Here is one example of a design that I made using the words:
home sweet nest blog diy create


At the click of a button it will provide you with numerous choices!
Also, instead of typing in random words you can enter the URL of any blog, blog feed, or any other web page that has an Atom or RSS feed. Wordle will make a word cloud using the text contained on that site.

If I type my own blog address in the space provided I get a design that looks like this:



If I type in Donna's blog address from
Funky Junk Interiors I get this:


I'm so excited to play with this!
Just think of the possibilities on canvas, furniture,
wall art etc. I`m going to try to merge this technology with my Silhouette!
The wordle FAQs section is really helpful and the advanced options allow for even more creativity so be sure to check out that info too.


It doesn`t take much to make me happy!
Yesterday - pink paint
Today - word art

I hope this is as exciting and useful to others as it is to me - happy creating!

Also I want to wish my wonderful hubby Trent a happy 12th anniversary for tomorrow Feb. 19th. Thank you so much for being the best husband in the world! I love you!




I'm sharing this at:


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
 
 






...Sunday's Best Linky Party!
 

12 comments:

  1. Thank you! My mind is spinning with possibilities! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you so much for sharing this, I've never heard of them before. I'll definitely check it out. Just got a Silhouette for Christmas and this should really be fun. Happy Anniversary:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elisa, I discovered this site a few years ago. The word cloud this site creates is magical. As usual you just gave me an idea.......more paper creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary. Thanks so much for sharing this, never heard of it. I'll check it out, and thanks for letting us know. I'm headed over to see how my blog comes out. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best. I'm featuring this on 1929 Charmer Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for this! I made some subway art in Picnik but it was a lot of work and we all know Picnik is going away soon ! Thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to give it a try. I'm following you now via GFC and Linky. Please check out my blog if you have time and follow if you like :)
    http://makinghome-dawn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea, thanks so much for posting. I am visiting you because of the lovely comment you left on my blog.
    i am your newest follower and would be honored if you would like to follow back. no hard feelings if not :-)
    love
    jutta

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!