Pages

February 11, 2012

Rock On

“Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.”  

Unless you give the chair a makeover and then it could get your whole room to look cuter!

I made that second part up but you get where I'm going with this right? I found this little gem at our local Salvation Army. Good bones but no personality.



A little prepping...



Some distressing and some well placed Old White chalk paint...


I used the Mod Podge method to apply this restful little graphic
from the Graphics Fairy.



 I love the way this turned out - I can totally picture it next to a warm fireplace or in a nursery.

 
This little rocker is going to be for sale at the next vintage market - stay tuned for details on that one!


 Thanks for stopping by - have a great weekend!




I'm sharing this at:




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
 
 

I Heart Nap Time
The DIY Show Off Sunday's Best Linky Party!

4 comments:

  1. I like the two tone finish, and love the graphic you chose. I never seem to find the gems that all the rest of you always seem to! Jealous:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that rocking chair on my back patio--all white though. I love what you did with it! I have to tell you I really enjoyed your post title--very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my mom's rocking chair (not really old) but very wood color that I have been thinking about chalk painting up. I didn't think about doing a half and half, now I'll be looking at it sideways this week to decide. And I didn't think about a graphic either.... smart smart smart!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little birdie detail you added. I'd love it for my nursery!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!