Pages

March 09, 2012

French Provincial Dresser

I love french provincial dressers - they just look so amazing when transformed. They usually have great curves and adorable legs. The picture below is very similiar to what I started with.
(I forgot to take a before pic of mine).

I used old white on the top and main body with clear wax and Aubusson over top of Old White on the drawers. Light and dark wax was used on the drawer fronts.


This is an after picture of the dresser while it was featured at last weekend's market. I think this is one of my favorite pieces ever. I kept the original handles but put them on upside down as they looked more like crowns this way :)

It was sold right at the end of the day on Sunday is going to live with a lovely young couple. I hope they enjoy it!



I'm partying at:

Furniture Feature Fridays It's Overflowing

PhotobucketSunday's Best Linky Party!Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

10 comments:

  1. It turned out beautiful. Glad it sold so fast for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Elisa. Loved your booth at the Fraser Valley Women's Expo.
    So glad to see your sold that great dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely makeover, it's easy to see why it sold !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so beautiful, wow it sure sold fast, that must of made you feel great. but then that means you have to do another project! Well if it's as beautiful as this one you won't need to worry. Thanks for sharing your inspiration at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo pretty and great color combination. Who would have thought of turning the handles up-side-down??? But, they do look great that way.

    Im now following you and hopin that you'll come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and maybe follow back???

    THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous. Love what you did to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - and I have the same shade blue - so pretty! Please come by my linky party hapening now to link it up - I would love to see you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I'm not surprised it sold quickly!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful job. I too love the lines of those dressers. I love that Aubusson blue
    I did a larger one for a customer last week. If you have a chance, stop by and take a peek! http://makemeprettyagain.blogspot.com/2012/03/so-here-is-new-dresser-ive-been.html

    Beth. Makemeprettyagain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!