Pages

March 05, 2012

More Chair Art - Welcome!


Another chair makeover completed -
and I actually finished it in time for the
Women's Expo this weekend!
I received lots of compliments on this item!
This is the lovely old girl ready for her makeover...


This next picture seems brutal taking a saw to lovely old wood...but all in the name of giving it a new life and a new purpose....
The back of the chair has so many options...featured below - a welcome sign perfect for any foyer or front door.
I love the carved pattern in this particular back -
I gave it a light sanding and a coat of clear wax along with a new message....
not sit, but "welcome".

 

And another lovely repurpose...a welcoming chair with an insulator candle holder. Unfortunately you can't see the beautiful glow in this picture as it was taken in very bright light...still working on those photography skills.


Thanks for stopping by -
I'm sorry I couldn't offer you a chair - I'm afraid I've cut them all up!

2 comments:

  1. Another amazing creation! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your chair ideas. Old chairs always have so much character. Since we seem to have similar taste, I've just become your newest follower. Please come visit me and maybe follow back. And, oh, check out my chair makeover, and tell me what you think.

    http://pickinandpaintin.blogspot.com/2012/03/save-chair.html

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!