Pages

April 17, 2012

Passionate Dresser

We are back from the sunny land of Phoenix AZ and back to the rain and back to the studio. We had a wonderful trip but I actually found myself anxious to get back to work. This is what I finished today...I love this type of dresser -
nice girly shaped mirror and a great size for a bedroom or a hallway.


 The drawers on this particular piece had seen better days. The previous owner seemed to have a passion for Princess Leia and it came complete with Princess Leia stickers all over the front of the drawers...


Always a favorite look! Just maybe not for this piece.


And the mirror had this permanent cloudy look that no matter what I tried wouldn't go away - have you ever seen this? What is it??!


While the mirror was off the glass shop to be repaired I sanded down the entire dresser and used a dark walnut stain on the main body and a coat of old white on the drawers followed by a light coat of dark walnut stain to tie it all together.


 Knob close ups are a favorite of mine - I love the detail - it's like jewelry for furniture.




All finished and now available for purchase at


If you haven't been to The Passionate Home - you MUST go take a look - it's my favorite store in Langley and is so inspiring!


They are also - the only Annie Sloan stockist in our area! Tell them I sent you.
What are you working on this week?
And again - what happened to that mirror!?



I'm sharing the Passion at:



Visit My 1929 Charmer Blog!

Furniture Feature Fridays

14 comments:

  1. I love the two tone wood in this dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elisa, this is really pretty, really nice job. I think moisture causes the mirror to age. I too love Annie Sloan paint and you made this piece really become special with the paint and stain mix. Love what you did with the handles.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elisa ~ the two tones on the dresser looks AMAZING!! What a beautiful piece :)

    Leah & Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice dresser, I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woww lovely dresser, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the two tone look, I just did my buffet that way. Your dresser turned out really nice, and it is so pretty. Love the knobs! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute dresser, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading your blog, Elisa, it's so nice to read something local! (I am also from Abbotsford). I've been to the Passionate Home before, but didn't realize your work was there! I'll have to check it out again! :) Beautiful dresser!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!