Pages

April 21, 2012

Toddler Room

Ahhhh Good Old Mother Goose...she's like a lost art. I miss her.
I know kids love Pixar movies and licensed characters like Buzz Light Year and Sponge Bob etc. but I feel sorry for Mother Goose.

(I quite frankly I don't even understand Sponge Bob...it's like a cartoon about an old school form of birth control...creepy!)

Mother Goose worked hard keeping a lot of us entertained for many years and yet...she sits on the shelf all forgotten...quite sad.
So, when I was asked to do a baby/toddler area for one of our local stores I decided it was time to resurrect that flavor.


Since today was my garage cleaning day I started pulling out things that could work and were from the "right" era. Like this little chair...


 And this flat-back cabinet.
Plus working on this project was a lot more fun than cleaning...


 So, of course I started with a toddler sized bed...painted in Old White with a little word art added to the headboard...perfect.


I love soft lighting in a child's room and was lucky enough to score an antique milk glass lamp recently (thanks Kathy).


 Then on a completely separate day found the MATCHING sconce..
what are the chances?! Now because you can't expect someone to install a sconce in their home without quite a bit of trouble, I mounted it to this wonderful old chippy door that I bought in Fort Langley.
I gave the door a good cleaning, sanding and waxing but otherwise left it the original colors. (The back is a light yellow). I picture this to be leaned against the wall either behind a bedside table or little stool.


I framed the Robin Red Breast nursery rhyme (from the book) and hung this below the sconce - now you have to take my word for it when that sconce is turned on - it casts a magically beautiful glow on that little bird. I'll try to get a pic of that to add later on.


The little flat back cabinet got a nice makeover and has been accented with this cute storage box.


Perfect for keepsakes and treasures!


This cute little vintage styled room came together perfectly and hopefully looks just as cute in it's new home at Gourmet Gallery as it does here on my lawn!




Awe - a little red wagon - it's the perfect finishing touch! 


I hope you enjoyed this post - I love this room.



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
 
 

I Heart Nap Time

Visit My 1929 Charmer Blog!
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Boy--you've been busy! Everything looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet little set up! i love the bed especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about Sponge Bob Square pants... go Mother Goose! I love what you did!!
    Found you from Funky Junk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the story behind this room, the colors are perfect and everything works wonderfully together

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great. I love the colors and how they all work together. I would love for you to share this at my link party
    http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/04/share-it-link-party-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUCH great projects all in one post! Thanks for sharing these wonderful DIY projects with us for inspiration as I'm sure they will be on display at the gallery. I am following you now. I saw your post over at "DIY By Design" blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of the projects. I am a big fan of aqua and cream together. Adorable use of the book. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet!! I love the blue and white together and the touches of Mother Goose!! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so adorable! love the light colors and the headboard to the bed... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up at The Winthrop Chronicles!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!