Pages

April 06, 2012

Window Display Continued

I have had so much fun doing the window display
 Working with Bryan and Jan is not even like work -
it's so fun and creative and they are so encouraging it's simply a joy!


Click here to see the beginning of the window display 
and continue reading to see how it all turned out...
Remember I gave you a hint yesterday about what we were making?

Hint:


That was the drawer front on this cute little dresser! Isn't she adorable?
Annie Sloan Old White and a tonne of paper flowers...
so cute and spring like.


I think this would be perfect for a girl's room!


Next up - window DRESSing...starting with a mannequin looking for a new dress...


We started by placing elastic bands around the body where each dress layer would start...this way it's not permanent and you can re-use the mannequin for something else later on.


Cut your scrapbook paper or book pages etc. using coordinating colors and making each layer longer than the one before.


We added a little waist corsage in complimentary colors.


Start making your lovely lady a ribbon bandeau top by pinning the ribbon at the back.


 I love the way the dress and desk tie into the spring banner we made the day before.

We are hoping this window inspires you to think outside of the box when crafting...paper and ribbon aren't just for scrapbooking and card making!
You can use it in sooo many different ways!

Banners


For lining vintage boxes, (full of vintage postcards),




Making magnets,


Decorating furniture,


Decorative lighting,


 Lamp shades,



This is a shot of the window at night - that's right I drove by tonight to see it again
...cause I couldn't help it...lol
So pretty.


Happy Easter! Hoping everyone has a wonderful weekend!


I'm showing off at:
DIY Show Off

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
 
 
Sunday's Best Linky Party!

10 comments:

  1. Reminds me of my days working in a scrapbooking store--looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done an amazing job of dressing that window! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything... such an inspiration! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, seriously it is so very pretty. What inspiration one could get from here. You really know how to "dress" up a window. Really amazing. I love the banner and will be thinking out side the "window" when being inspired by your work. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is so pretty! You did a fabulous job -- love your creative ideas for paper use! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me any kind of feedback!